LED upgrade

Buzzaro

Jan 6, 2019
Sacramento, CA
We are wrapping up the build of a new pool and while the kids were out night swimming they were all trying to figure out how to change the colors of the lights. So we call the builder and he sends out his guy. "I see why it won't change colors, you have 500w incandescent lights". Well this was a surprise to us but the builder is insisting that it wasn't discussed nor in the contract. They quoted $1800+ to upgrade them so I am here to see what my options are. We've got the pentair intellitouch controller with pentair "Pentair AM SS 500w" lights (78458100). What options do I have for color changing lights? Can I replace just the bulb in the existing housing or do I need an entire new housing? Do I need a different controller or will they work with the easy touch?
Thanks

We are wrapping up the build of a new pool and while the kids were out night swimming they were all trying to figure out how to change the colors of the lights. So we call the builder and he sends out his guy. "I see why it won't change colors, you have 500w incandescent lights". Well this was a surprise to us but the builder is insisting that it wasn't discussed nor in the contract. They quoted $1800+ to upgrade them so I am here to see what my options are. We've got the pentair intellitouch controller with pentair "Pentair AM SS 500w" lights (78458100). What options do I have for color changing lights? Can I replace just the bulb in the existing housing or do I need an entire new housing? Do I need a different controller or will they work with the easy touch?
Thanks
There are several color LED bulbs that can be installed in a standard light and WHEN they die you can always go back to a regular incandescent or an LED white bulb made for pools and not have to replace the entire fixture. Just GOOGLE "Led Pool Bulbs." They would work with your Easy Touch as is and change colors and light shows would be a series of on/off switching (instructions are different for each manufacturer).. Be sure to change the lens gasket, never trust it even if it is fairly new. Get a silicone (basically lifetime) one for your fixtures. If you are comfortable doing the work yourself there are many YouTube videos on how to change a pool-light bulb.

Reactions: mknauss
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.