LED strip lights around pool

Frezel

Jul 6, 2018
Doylestown, PA
Has anyone ever bought waterproof LEDS from Amazon? IF so which ones. i would like to do some night swimming and would like to add some LED lights to the underside of the pool rail. Curious if anyone out there have done this, if you have pics of your please post pics i would live to see it as well
thanks

No offense intended... just making sure you know... Unless you know everything there is to know about pool electrical systems, you should not attempt to add or modify pool lighting yourself. People have died by doing that. "Waterproof" does not guarantee they'll be safe anywhere near your pool. You can't just buy strip lighting off Amazon and glue it to your pool and plug it in. Please don't. Contact an electrician, who specializes in pool electrical systems, to discuss lighting options. Even pool contractors, who are technically licensed to install electrical, are not always fully qualified (I had to learn this the hard way).

It's certainly OK, and prudent, to reach out here to discuss various aspects of your project. Research is good. You just got your first opinion on the subject! ;)

Reactions: borjis and Frezel
Further reading

I have solar powered fairy lights on my pool. They're zip tied to the rails and have worked great for two years. These are the ones I got

Solar, like waterproof, doesn't make it automatically safe enough either. You really cannot mess with electricity and pools without the knowledge required.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.