Led lighting question.

Apr 8, 2017
houston texas
I have A 44’ x 26’ pool with a 9’ square spa.

i have 2 lighted bubblers in the sun shelf, these use globrites.

the pool has was shot with gunite on Friday.

i ran 2” pvc pipe in the pool and spa for globrites.
pool has 6 lights
Spa has 1
Then the 2 lighted bubblers

The 2 lighted bubblers have to stay globrite, but I’m nervous the other 7 lights i made A mistake after reading up on lights on this forum it’s sounding like a lot of people do not like the globrite due to failure reasons.

should i look At swapping the 7 lights to microbrites? Or stick with the globrites since the bubblers will also be globrite?

jusy want to avoid future pain that might come with failures

if your recommendation is to switch microbrites what is the easiest way to do this considering i have Run 2” pvc and the micros take 1.5”?

All my equipment, like others, is on back order so i might Can change without harm

Switch to microbrites now!! It isn't *just* the failure of the globrites- its that once installed its very hard to use any other light in that spot. It has an annoying propitiatory niche which doesn't fit other brands of lights.

Microbrites for the Save!!💡🕯️🔦🚨

Maddie :flower:

Last edited:
I stayed away from the globrites also because of the advice on this forum. My solution was to use a plastic 2 niche, 12v with an LED color changing bulbs. When the bulb burns out, it a heck of a lot cheaper than a globright.

Reactions: YippeeSkippy
1621282821548.png
I used these in my pool for the microbrites. It has a ring to pack plaster in to help with sealing. I was not a fan of the white flanged fitting. The plaster will come all the way to the top and light screws in. Not even noticeable. Now to go from 2" to 1 1/2" there is probably a PVC reducer for that, but likely you will not have the room with out surgery to the gunite. Lets see what the pros say.

I think you can slide a straight piece of 1.5" PVC inside the 2" PVC.

The challenge will be to get a good fit between the PVC pipe and the wall fitting on the wall.

Are you doing an OB? Your PB should be able to figure this out on site.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.