Leaving Polaris 360 In Pool All The Time

Hey guys,

Quick question. I have a Polaris 360 for my pool cleaner. Would it be OK to just disconnect the hose from the pressure side wall fitting, and install the usual jet that I use when the cleaner is not being used, but leaving the cleaner in the pool with the hose just floating in the pool also? This way, when the pool needed to be cleaned by the Polaris, I could just disconnect the wall fitting, plug in the hose from the Polaris, and be good to go. See the attached image for a better explanation of what I am referring to.....

Attachments

• IMG_0068.jpg
    IMG_0068.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 75
Is that your only return?

I have a dedicated return for my Polaris and it stays in the water 24/7. I think it may be better for it a bit then contstant cycles of wet and dry and plastic under the sun UV and maybe pieces getting brittle.

Is that your only return?
IMG_0069.jpg
I have a dedicated return for my Polaris and it stays in the water 24/7. I think it may be better for it a bit then contstant cycles of wet and dry and plastic under the sun UV and maybe pieces getting brittle.

I have two returns. The one you can see in the picture just to the right of the Polaris in the original post picture ( I have to use the smallest eyeball fitting on this return to keep the pressure up to where the Polaris moves correctly in the pool), and the "main" one that the Polaris connects to which is to the left of this picture, which I will attach a pic of below.....

Do you have a secondary booster pump on the Polaris return that runs when you want to run the cleaner?

I have two returns. The one you can see in the picture just to the right of the Polaris in the original post picture ( I have to use the smallest eyeball fitting on this return to keep the pressure up to where the Polaris moves correctly in the pool), and the "main" one that the Polaris connects to which is to the left of this picture, which I will attach a pic of below.....

No, I don’t.

The 360 does not require a booster, but usually has a three way valve off of the main pump that feeds it.
Most have a filter bowl on the Polaris return line near the pump.
No problem with leaving the Polaris in the pool when not in use.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.