Least favorite/favorite part of pool maintenance?

Brushing, brushing, brushing, brushing. Did I say brushing.

At this point the robot does all my brushing now. Except for the stairs and the sitting ledge. And I hate to do that part.

Brushing, brushing, brushing. I hate brushing.
Same here! Brushing...absolutely...sucks.

I HATED manually vacuuming. It was tedious and mind numbingly boring. At the time I did not know that the $700 robots cleaned big pools as well as the $2700 robots so I never considered one.

What I did was I started vacuuming while swimming with a snorkel mask. I could see what I was doing so much better and it made it 95% fun swimming and 5% boring chore. It became peaceful quiet time that I looked forward to once I banned the kids because they stirred too much up when joining me.

As a compromise I would throw the vac hose back in the pool for them later so they could swim through all the loops/hoops. Properly supervised of course, they LOVED swimming through the ever changing obstacle vac hose course.

• Love
Reactions: Snoobug
That too! Sounds like you've got a good system.. haha! I still like to manually vacuum every once in awhile...just to reach places the dolphin doesn't, but I'm honestly amazed at how well the robotic cleaners do!

Mine used to be cleaning the skimmer socks - Even though it only takes a few minutes, I hated taking them out, trying to spray all of the dog hair out of them with the hose, and then putting them back in. Especially the one in the vacuum line because it's a pain to get the leaf canister open. Now I use hairnets and just put a new one in everyday because they're so cheap.

Reactions: Pv2 and Snoobug
but I'm honestly amazed at how well the robotic cleaners do!
Oh yeah !! Now that i know the $700 one works awesome, it will be my first purchase at build time.

Matter of fact I would have already purchased it with the rest of my equipment early, but I need the commotion of the pool build to hide the fact that my wife was right the 300 times she told me I should just get a dang robot. I’m not mentally ready to admit defeat on that one so I’m gonna try to sneak it in unnoticed. :ROFLMAO:

Wish me luck.
#BroCode4Life.

My favorite part of pool maintenance is scrubbing the waterline tile while I am IN the pool. Nice and relaxing time. I also enjoy testing the water with my test kit.

Reactions: revitup

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I like using pool math and logging my test results. Even though I'm a sahm now, the actuary in me just won't let go. 🤣

MA additions are my least favorite. Thank goodness for the 90% less fumes option.

Reactions: john0886
Least favorite is emptying the skimmer basket. Hate finding the dead chipmunks/mice/moles, even though now that my current one is cracked might be able to get new one that will allow skimmer sock or hair net.

Reactions: derekm and john0886
nothing much bothers me about pool care, I love having it, swimming in it, and taking care of it. much rather clean the pool than the house. LOL I suppose if I had to whine about it, it would be putting the solar cover on and off. I replaced the old one this year and since everything pool related is out of stock, all I could find for cheap was an acutally semi-heavy duty one. I would rather have the lightest weight cheapo since they are just easier to deal with. this one is medium heavy and it sticks to itself too much. when putting it back on the pool it is hard to untangle and gets all folded up under itself. also it is too big and I cant decide which way to lay it out for trimming (my poor pool is slightly out of round) so I haven't ever got around to doing that.

What i really, really Hate about my pool is............ How easy it is to take care of it.
What i really, really Enjoy about my pool is ...........Watching my neighbours pay insane amount of money for their pool care.
Am I sick? Or just plain Evil?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.