Least expensive solution to rough concrete pool deck

JoannaB

Oct 17, 2018
Lake Oswego, Oregon
The patio and coping around our pool are concrete. Poured in 2011. The coping has become quite rough from the water splash and aggregate is exposed. Anyone climbing out of the pool gets skinned knees. The patio area is all rough concrete, the texture of an old sidewalk or driveway. Is there anything we can do ourselves, or hire someone to smooth it out some? What product or process would you recommend? Google searches have turned up 'resurfacing,' 'sealing,' and 'coating' as possibilities.

I have a pool patio with an aggregate (troweled) overlay. A few years ago I laid down an epoxy/stain. It lasted a few years. I want to remove the top (one quarter inch) layer of pebble aggregate. I've chiseled it, powIMG_6323 (2).JPGer washed it and it's taking forever. My question is, can I rent a concrete grinder from Home Depot to remove the top pebble aggregate from the concrete patio below? Picture attached.

I have a pool patio with an aggregate (troweled) overlay. A few years ago I laid down an epoxy/stain. It lasted a few years. I want to remove the top (one quarter inch) layer of pebble aggregate. I've chiseled it, powView attachment 130961er washed it and it's taking forever. My question is, can I rent a concrete grinder from Home Depot to remove the top pebble aggregate from the concrete patio below? Picture attached.

I am not sure a concrete grinder would work but could rent a jack hammer with a chisel tip. You will damage the appearance but you could have a coating applied later. Sun deck or cool deck?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.