Las Vegas, NV
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Truclear / Ei
My Jandy SWG system is 3 1/2 years old. Recently the cap started leaking, so I replaced and lubed the O-ring, but it is still leaking. I purchased what I thought was a replacement cap (Part #0621900) but that's just a winterizing cap, even though on the Jandy website that part number is described as an "installation, pressurizing and winterizing cap". So I'm using that right now, (powered off the SWG and stored the cell inside) and I have chlorine tabs in the pool since it's technically winter here in Las Vegas anyway.

But I still have the leaky SWG cap to deal with come spring. Can I replace just the cap piece, or do I have to buy a whole new cell that comes with a cap? I can't seem to find a replacement cap, nor can I figure out how to separate the cell from the cap it's attached to.

Thanks.

Welcome to TFP.

Page 9 of the Jandy Truclear Manual does not show the cell cap being sold separately.

Have you tried calling Jandy Customer Support?

I just had my Jandy VS motor replaced because it fried after only 3 1/2 years (?). I replaced it with a Jacuzzi VX30. The installer said it would work seamlessly with my Jandy TruClear SWG system, but I see that the SWG does not power off when the pool timer shuts off. It just errors out with "NO FLOW", which, as I read above, can be dangerous. Shame on the installer, who I will have back here ASAP. Can this motor control my Jandy SWG, or would I need a separate timer?

I did call Jandy customer support. There was a voice mail system where I left my contact info a few days ago. No call back yet. It would be awful to have to purchase a whole new cell for $300 just to replace a leaking cap.

Welcome to TFP.

Page 9 of the Jandy Truclear Manual does not show the cell cap being sold separately.

Have you tried calling Jandy Customer Support?
So I did get hold of Jandy. The bad news is, Jandy doesn't have a replacement cap for the salt cell, so one would need to buy a whole new salt cell. The good news is, Jandy customer service is AWESOME and shipped me a whole brand new salt cell after I answered a few questions and emailed them 2 pics of the leaky cap. Problem solved. Thanks for your help.

Glad Jandy stepped up to the warranty. I think it is a known defect.

Just called Jandy about my leaking unit. I’m 10 days beyond my 3 yr warranty, but they’re going to honor the warranty and are mailing a new one to me. Great customer service.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.