Leaking spa jets

sduda210

May 19, 2020
Dorothy, NJ
I bought my house as a foreclosure in Sept 2019. The pool was winterized so I left the mystery until the spring of 2020. The pool was originally plumbed with three pumps. The filter pump has a skimmer and main drain in the deep end on the suction side and two returns. The cleaner pump had a separate main drain in the deepend and a single return. The jet pump had a main drain in the shallow end with 2 jets in each of the four seats (8 total) in the shallow end.

When I opened the pool I noticed the water level was dropping and did a bucket test. Through trial and error I narrowed the leak down to just the pressure side of the jets in the seat. Ever since then I just left the plugs in the jets but now I'd like to start thinking about repairing the line.

As typical with all in ground pools, the pool is surrounded with concrete. I did dig around the jet return lines to see if the leak was between the pad and the pool deck (the only spot it's not concrete). Disappointingly it wasn't.

Are there any solutions to fixing the leak without digging? If not I guess a leak detection company is my first check. How much does that usually run?

Most of the spa jet plumbing is buried in the gunite and stone around the spa.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.