Leaking skimmer line

Hello,

I have two skimmers and one of them was leaking a bit and I was getting by with using just one of them. Now that one is also leaking, it was time to fix the problem.
I believe when I was buying the house the pool inspector told me these skimmers have two lines coming to them and I can see it. My skimmer model is is SP-1085
https://www.hayward-pool.com/pdf/manuals/Series-Auto-Skim-SP1084-1085.pdf

We dug up around the skimmer to fix the line but there is too much concrete. I see the two 2" pipes coming to the skimmer. Can I just use the other line for suction and plug the line that has a leak?
There is a 2" plug in the line that is not used which is put in place upside down. I am having a hard time unplugging this plug.
I tried adding photos but apparently I am over the allowed storage limit.

All skimmers come with two openings at the bottom. Only one of those is connected to the pump. The other is used for connecting to a main drain or a second skimmer (if they don't have individual runs back to the pump). It may also be used for an equalization intake on the wall of the pool. If it is plugged, it is very likely that it was unused when the pool was built. That's why they installed the plug upside down, to keep it from being removed. They do not run two parallel line s back to the pump. If you open that plug I'm sure you find it goes nowhere, just an open connection on the bottom of the skimmer.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.