Leaking Pool ? / Main Drain not sucking

dribble117

Oct 24, 2019
Dunedin, Florida
So I’m debating on having a company come out to leak test my pool. With my waterfall running , I am losing about 3/4 of an inch to an inch in 24 hours. With it not running I am losing about 1/4 inch to little over in 24 hours. My pool is not screened in. Open air pool , 14000 gallons. In sunlight most of the day. Second my main drain stopped sucking. I had pinch a penny ( local company ) come out and replace the valve cause you could hear this like snapping sound when I would try to turn the main drain on. They flushed the line and cleaned it. Still no suction. Water flows out fine into the pool from the skimmer but water won’t suck up. Yes he did the pruning of the pump and slowly shut the skimmers off and turned the main drain on. You do hear like a snapping noise about 3-5 ft away from the pool pump. He said there could be a valve underground between the main drain and the pool pump. Need some advice before I just pay for things I really don’t need

Welcome to TFP! :wave: I think a picture of your equipment pad would help. A snapping sound? Maybe a check valve buried somewhere before the pump? Although I can't imagine why it would be buried. But let's see a pic of what you have there. Maybe it will help.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.