Leaking jet

Zrock

Jun 21, 2016
bc
Last year I put a sand filter with the supplied jet on my 15x48 pool. This year I noticed the water level going down. Just found the leak on the jet. The little pc that introduces air into the mix that's on the outside. Have not pulled the air valve off or what ever it's called to see why it's leaking. Is their a o ring in It that may have failed to cause the leak? Also can that be removed and just capped off? I do not use it anyway.. hoping I did not crack it during storage.

There shouldn't be any part of your plumbing that is 'introducing air' into the water. The return jet (where the water comes back into the pool from the pump/filter) should not have air bubbles in it. If you have air bubbles that indicates a leak (usually on the return side).

There shouldn't be any part of your plumbing that is 'introducing air' into the water. The return jet (where the water comes back into the pool from the pump/filter) should not have air bubbles in it. If you have air bubbles that indicates a leak (usually on the return side).

Actually I saw on Amazon or somewhere the other day that Intex has a new gimmick that does introduce air to the return jet - to provide "ions" or something insane like that. LOL

here - "2017 New Feature: Hydro Aeration Technology is incorporated into the cartridge filter pump providing improved circulation and filtration, improved water clarity, and increased negative ions at the water surface."

24FT X 52IN PRISM FRAME POOL SET - Intex

http://www.intexcorp.com/media/catalog/product/2/6/26761_prd3_2018_web.jpg

Yep as above it introduces air into the pool. I had to tape it up as I lost the cap and it was messing with my ph.

35a69689ef2774307d408c33ee7a3d62.jpg

Reactions: Arsenalex1985
Well after watching to pool level the leak got slower as the level cot closer to the height of the air valve. Once it got below the leak stopped until i topped up the pool. If i cannot find a plug to fit just going to remove the little flapper inside that is suppose to act as a one way valve and fill with silicone or epoxy and close it permanently off

Well after watching to pool level the leak got slower as the level cot closer to the height of the air valve. Once it got below the leak stopped until i topped up the pool. If i cannot find a plug to fit just going to remove the little flapper inside that is suppose to act as a one way valve and fill with silicone or epoxy and close it permanently off
We just replaced ours with a standard outlet/return (without the aerator)

I did cover the air intake of the valve with teflon tape and stopped the water leaking that occured whenever the pump was off. The inflow water to the pool was not as strong as before, so I am doing an experiment today, whith the pump on I unscrewed the valve to let some air in while running the pump, the flow seems to be strong again, I will screw it back tight when the pump turns off by the end of the day and check for leaking, if it works I will post later.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.