okccj

May 16, 2016
Oklahoma
Hi guys,

I have a leak in my pool. I know its somewhere about 18 inches below the surface of the water because this was the threshold of where the water level stopped dropping. The ground around the pool is wet across a fairly wide area, thus it's hard to pinpoint where I should start to look for the leak. Any advice on finding the leak would be greatly appreciated. I've seen the food coloring method and I've jumped in and looked around with goggles, but can't find it. Furthermore, no pool folks around here are willing to work on an above ground pool. HELP!

Check around the return and the bottom of the skimmer. Have the pump off, use food color and place drops very slowly around the skimmer frame and the return fitting. Also check the backwash line from the sand filter. It should not have any water coming out when the multiport is set to filter mode.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.