synapsid

Apr 18, 2023
Long Island, NY
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
Welcome to the land of rookie mistakes...

We just had a semi-inground pool installed on Monday. Started filling on Monday afternoon. Everything appeared fine. Continued filling on Tuesday morning and the hose slipped out unnoticed. It ran for maybe 20 minutes unattended before I discovered it. I continued filling but over the day the mud in the ditch around the pool did not seem to dry very much. Admittedly it has been overcast and hasn't gotten above 58 degrees, but I am concerned I won't be able to tell if there's a leak because I stupidly let the hose slip out. Has anyone else had this happen, or have any advice?

Thank you!

Thanks! The area that was soaked by the hose is the only area still muddy. The dirt on the opposite side of the pool never got wet. I think I am just being paranoid.

The excavation crew will be backfilling the hole soon and I have read a little bit about gravel, french drains, etc...can you explain the disadvantage of just backfilling with the original dirt from the hole?

can you explain the disadvantage of just backfilling with the original dirt from the hole?
I'm no soil engineer, but generally my experience has been that once soil is disturbed, it takes more effort to make a solid repair to the area than just sweeping the old stuff back in. Every time my dogs dig up a hole, I need more dirt to fill it in. The old stuff is never enough. Time will tell in your case. I would pay particular attention to the base of the pool. Hopefully it won't settle and cause problems later.

Reactions: synapsid
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.