Leak in Triton II sand filter

eemueller

LifeTime Supporter
May 31, 2013
SE Michigan
I have water leaking from the bottom of my sand filter. I have replaced the o-rings on the slide valve, and when I replaced the sand, the laterals looked fine. The leak was there before I replaced the sand. It is not leaking from the drain plug. Anything else to check before I have to open it up, again?

That Triton filter can only leak from the drain plug, right? (There are no other openings on the bottom, I think).

So, it seems the drain plug IS leaking or there is a hole in the pressure vessel which should be pretty findable.

That Triton filter can only leak from the drain plug, right? (There are no other openings on the bottom, I think).

So, it seems the drain plug IS leaking or there is a hole in the pressure vessel which should be pretty findable.
The leak is coming from underneath, but the tank sits on a solid pedestal, so I can't see underneath. I can see for certain that it's not the drain plug, so I guess there is a hole. Are these repairable, or do I have to replace it?

Despite what others may tell you, don't try to repair the pressure vessel of your filter......it will likely fail and is fairly dangerous.

Others have had some success with a warranty claim......it's worth looking into.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.