Leak in backwash valve?

Aug 27, 2018
Plano
Good afternoon, earlier this summer I thought I had a leak I my return line but discovered that the leak was in my return valve as I had a slow but continuous run of water going through the backwash valve (runs underground direct to sewage line.... can see the valve below that allows me to check). I replaced the entire backwash valve and lubed it up and thought I had fixed it only to continue to lose water. Well I checked the backwash line again and the water is coming out fairly steady.

Does anyone have any experience with this? Do I need an entire new case that the valve goes in?

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• 79DB1302-0F84-4A57-BDA2-4B67FB9AFE05.jpeg
    79DB1302-0F84-4A57-BDA2-4B67FB9AFE05.jpeg
    486.5 KB · Views: 9
The rebuild kits for those plunger valves generally do a good job resolving most issues. But you say you already replaced the entire valve? Not sure the casing needs replaced, but perhaps something is jammed in there preventing the plunger from completely closing? Maybe remove it from the filter housing and inspect thoroughly.

The rebuild kits for those plunger valves generally do a good job resolving most issues. But you say you already replaced the entire valve? Not sure the casing needs replaced, but perhaps something is jammed in there preventing the plunger from completely closing? Maybe remove it from the filter housing and inspect thoroughly.
Thanks for the reply. Ya I’m going to take the housing and everything off and see if I can find the problem. If not, just may buy a new housing and try that.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.