Leak found Now what?

Bart

LifeTime Supporter
Jan 24, 2010
Northern Virginia
I have a Hot Springs Spa, Grendee model that developed a leak. The compartment with the motor in here was completely dry so I took off one of the side panels. I found a water stain about halfway up the wall and wetness at the very bottom. On the inside of the hot tub at this location there are three jets which I'm assuming are the source of the leak.

What should I do now? Call in a pro or start digging through the phone to try to find the leak?

It's a pretty slow leak, maybe an inch or two a week, But the concrete pad under the tub is constantly wet and I'm a little worried about ice permanently forming there over the winter

Thanks!
Bart

- - - Updated - - -

Here are some photos.

image.jpg

Anyone? Bueller? Anyone?

Is this type of leak repair something normal people do, or is a job for the pros? I have no idea, but I'm a little worried about ripping the foam out to fix the leak and on the other hand I'd rather not pay many hundreds of dollars.

It only worked for the first 24 hours but I think part of the problem was I'd put te filter back in after the first 24 and ran the pump a lot to filter out the excess before a party. So it just didn't have ANY cure time for the bond to build up. I'd naively thought that since the leak stopped there might ave been enough of a substance build up to hold.

Maybe in your case you can get yours to hold if you leave the filter out for 72 hours and let your circulation cycle handle the distribution instead of running full jets after the first day, or using a broom to mix it up. Its worth a shot compared to the alternative.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.