Leak at my SWG cell connection

run53

LifeTime Supporter
May 4, 2010
Very strange problem.......I have a leak at my SWG cell only when the system pump is turned off. It's a very slow leak but I can see that it's wet under the cell. However while I'm running my pump and water is flowing through the cell, it's bone dry underneath. It's a new cell that was just replaced about a week ago. The old cell did not leak at all. Any ideas on why that would be?

I was thinking o-rings in the unions. Were they changed when the cell was changed? Perhaps old ones were used and aren’t sealing on the mating surfaces of the new cell.

Reactions: markayash
Can you tell where it’s leaking from? Wondering if it just need snugging up at the unions?
Pressure might force them to seal?
Yeah it seems to leak at the union......the cell came with new o-rings that I used.

It's just weird how it only leaks without pressure. I think you are right that the pressure forces a seal. I think I'll try re-seating the cell and o-rings and tightening it up.

It was difficult to install the new cell because I was unable to stop the water from gushing out as I was trying to connect it into the unions. Maybe I just did a poor job of tightening.

Last edited:
Yeah it seems to leak at the union......the cell came with new o-rings that I used.

It's just weird how it only leaks without pressure. I think you are right that the pressure forces a seal. I think I'll try re-seating the cell and o-rings and tightening it up.

It was difficult to install the new cell because I was unable to stop the water from gushing out as I was trying to connect it into the unions. Maybe I just did a poor job of tightening.
Try just seeing if you can give it another 1/8th of turn or less? I had a similar issues and luckily I have a big set of channel lock pliers from my mechanic days and was able to Give it a little turn and it stopped.
Might try that before taking it apart if it’s a small leak.

Reactions: run53
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.