leak and algae

techman65

Dec 12, 2013
Augusta, GA
Hi all,

I've currently got two issues going on with my pool. I have a persistent leak that has caused my water level to go down about 4-5 inches below the skimmer. I got tired of continually refilling the pool so decided just to let it go and see how far down it went. Seems to have stabilized at the current level.

Since I haven't been able to run the pump due to the water level, I have a growing algae bloom.

I know I need to SLAM and get rid of the algae, but that's tough to do while I also have the leak. I believe most leak detection folks need for the water to be clear when they come out to test.

Any recommendations on the best way to address these issues? I am also including a photo of what the pool looks like at the moment.

Thanks.

Have you got a main drain? Could you plug the skimmer line with a winterizing plug and run the pump off of that?

If not, could you use a vac plate and a short chunk of vacuum hose to give you an intake that remains under water when the level falls like that? You may have to fill up to the skimmer and let it go down again, or find some way to prime the lines, but at least you could clear it in the meantime.

Just thinking creatively.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.