Jmg_moocows

May 17, 2021
Oxnard, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Happy New Year! It finally stopped raining in SoCal so I decided to do some pool cleaning to include cleaning the pump baskets. When I cleaned the filter pump basket I noticed a leaf stuck where it shouldn't be (red arrow pointing to it in picture)...not sure what this part of the pump equipment is called (flapper?)

My question: Should I try and get it out? If so, how would I go about doing that?

Attachments

• 20220101_124549.jpg
    20220101_124549.jpg
    707.6 KB · Views: 34
That is a check valve. Post some wider pics of your equipment pad showing what is around it.

You can remove the 8 screws and the clear cover and red flapper will lift off.

The leaf is probably keeping the check valve from properly closing.

Happy New Year! It finally stopped raining in SoCal so I decided to do some pool cleaning to include cleaning the pump baskets. When I cleaned the filter pump basket I noticed a leaf stuck where it shouldn't be (red arrow pointing to it in picture)...not sure what this part of the pump equipment is called (flapper?)

My question: Should I try and get it out? If so, how would I go about doing that?
Thanks! Pulled leaf out of the check valve and everything is good to go.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.