Leaf stains in vinyl pool what to do?

Mar 14, 2016
Fl
I have a brown area where leaves collected near the drains, and a few line stains on the creases/seams of the vinyl.

It has been about 3 weeks of me shocking about 2x a week (roughly 10ppm free chlorine) and running the robot vacuum and brushing with the telescoping standard brush.

During shock free chlorine is around 10 ppm..

Stains still there. Any ideas?

Frank, do you have a set of test results you can share?
FC
CC
pH
TA
CH
CYA

What are you using that you say you do 2X a week to raise the FC level to 10ppm? LIquid Chlorine??
The "line stains" in the creases- are they for sure stains, or can they be brushed away?

Maddie :flower:

Using combination of bagged pool shock from walmart/home depot and running my salt chlorinator at 100%

Pretty sure they are stains especially the one near the drains bc its where the leaves gather. The ones on the folds/creases I would assume the same thing since they are perfect lines and and also where stuff gathers.

I have been brushing but doesnt seem to effect it any yet may even be making scratches.

Neither does running the maytronic nautilus vacuum 24/7.

FC 10
CC 10/20
pH 7.2
TA 100
CH 250
CYA 50

Attachments

• 20210322_130728.jpg
    20210322_130728.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 13
Did you just perform those tests? Which test kit did you use? Your FC and CC results look wonky.

Bagged pool shock is the *worst* product you can use to clear up pools- it adds almost as much CYA or calcium to your pool water as it does Free Chlorine (FC). The product you want to use is Liquid Chlorine. The only thing is contains is chlorine. Nothing else.

Go buy a single puck of chlorine and try to lay it on your pool stain for a few minutes and see if that lifts it? Let me know.

Maddie :flower:

Sorry @YippeeSkippy I'm using test strips. Thats why the numbers are so perfect like that.

I tried the chlorine puck on the spots for about 5 minutes and it didnt seem to have much of an effect. Any other ideas?

Should I bump my chlorine even higher? Is that safe for a vinyl liner?
I was going to try a magic eraser when it gets warm enough.

Appreciate any ideas

I will try anything at this point!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.