LC Consumption

joemkraus

Bronze Supporter
Sep 23, 2019
Saratoga, CA
Finished SLAM and all good now, but with CYA 40, TA 100, PH 7.8, 22K Gallon pool, I am trying to get my pool to FC to 7 each morning but it is taking almost 1 gal of LC 10% to achieve. Seems high (and expensive) any recommendations?..or I just have to live with it?

That’s 4.5ppm/day .... seems a little on the high side of normal. Is your pool in full sun all day? If so, you might consider bumping your CYA up to 50ppm to see if that helps and try not to go much higher than 5-6ppm FC as the Target. The farther you go beyond a 7.5% FC/CYA ratio, the more the chlorine gets wasted to sunlight degradation than actually doing any sanitizing. Very sunny and hit weather can degrade FC faster.

In addition to what Matt said... How many people are using the pool? How many are using the pool for other than swimming (are they all taking regular relief breaks)? A high bather load will use more chlorine.

pool is in sunny area, but for example yesterday was cloudy, and cool and still this morning FC at 3.5. So actually not a full gallon of LQ at that would take me to 7.5. I will take the advice to try closer to FC 6. I keep the CYA now at 40 because some weeks I go away to my vacation home and need to use pucks then (raising CYA)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.