Latham Pool Colors

Schottfamily

Jul 9, 2020
Jacksonville, Florida
We are in the early stages of purchasing a pool and we're still deciding on some of the design aspects. With COVID and boredom, we have several months to wait for the actual build, so we're taking our time and researching (obsessing) each aspect. We've decided on the Cancun by Latham and are trying to decide between the Night Sky and Ocean Blue. I've had no luck finding a picture of an actual pool with the night sky finish. Anybody have one they'd share pictures of? Thanks for you help!

I just got a Majesty Latham pool delivered in Ocean Blue G2. I fought hard for the Night Sky but found out fast I wasn’t going to win that battle but have to say I am very pleased with the Ocean Blue finish. The sparkles really pop in full sun and it is honestly really pretty haha. The Night Sky to me will probably look more like a gunite pool in my opinion

I also found it hard to find clear pictures of the fiberglass colors from real people who have installed pools. CircaSurvivalist was one of the first ones I saw with the Ocean Blue, and it turns out there are at least three on this forum that are under construction, or near construction in this color. Not a lot of Latham Fiberglass installs on this forum in particular, so it was tough.

I remember seeing one on Latham's site, for the Gemini model, but it was just one, at it was Lathams own site.

I wish you could find a real pool with night sky finish, because the model looks amazing!

I just got a Majesty Latham pool delivered in Ocean Blue G2. I fought hard for the Night Sky but found out fast I wasn’t going to win that battle but have to say I am very pleased with the Ocean Blue finish. The sparkles really pop in full sun and it is honestly really pretty haha. The Night Sky to me will probably look more like a gunite pool in my opinion
Do you have a screen on your pool? We aren't getting one and live in a more rural area. I expect that we will have the occasional dead animal/alligator (yes, really) in the pool. Is the Ocean Blue too dark to recognize something like that during the day or at night?

Do you have a screen on your pool? We aren't getting one and live in a more rural area. I expect that we will have the occasional dead animal/alligator (yes, really) in the pool. Is the Ocean Blue too dark to recognize something like that during the day or at night?
No screen on ours. We don’t get many alligators up here in Memphis. Although I do recall a story of someone saying they saw one on the banks of the Mississippi River before, but I’ve never seen one! The Ocean Blue is light enough that, if I had to guess, you’d easily be able to see an alligator sitting in it or any other animal really! Unless your eyes are closed...you’re on your own in that scenario!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.