Vinyl Liner Pattern Roundup Project - Post Pic & Name Of Your Liner

Jaclyn

Aug 18, 2018
Alvaton, KY
We are pretty sure we are going with the Latham Natural Grey liner. Does anyone have this liner with the Watercolors LED lighting? How well do the colors work with the liner being on the darker side?

Reactions: Masseymom

Bvill16

Mar 15, 2019
New York
This is a great thread. I am shopping for a new liner and was all about the blue liners until coming here. Now I think I am torn between "mosaic grey", "natural grey", and "reef". My bordering patio is stamped concrete (grey) with white PVC fencing and some large shrubs. Would love to hear your thoughts.

lazygirl1978

Gold Supporter
Oct 20, 2018
Missouri
This is a great thread. I am shopping for a new liner and was all about the blue liners until coming here. Now I think I am torn between "mosaic grey", "natural grey", and "reef". My bordering patio is stamped concrete (grey) with white PVC fencing and some large shrubs. Would love to hear your thoughts.
The liner decision is maddening! We just had Reef installed. You probably saw the pics of it earlier in the thread (this thread helped me decide!); also see here. You can see my liner in my build thread that's linked in my signature, but the water isn't clean yet! I'll post pictures here when it's clean and pretty---which might be awhile, as we won't get decking for a few more weeks! I know I'm going to be happy with it.

VaEer

Jun 6, 2018
winchester/virginia
Pool Guy in CT is spot on with grey or black based liners. Consider how many sunny days you have during the swim season.

"It’s dark on cloudy days with stagnant water.

On sunny days with pump running the sun refraction on rippling water is stunning."

Reactions: Masseymom

jgersh

Nov 15, 2018
Yorktown Heights, NY
Latham Grey Mosaic (sans border) - We love it. Depending on the viewing angle and the sunlight/cloud cover it can look teal and royal, to navy and royal.

Latham Grey Mosaic (sans border) - We love it. Depending on the viewing angle and the sunlight/cloud cover it can look teal and royal, to navy and royal.

The pictures of your liner helped seal the deal for me. It’s definitely going to be grey mosaic for us. Your pool is so beautiful. Thank you for your posts!
The only thing that confuses me are the liner pictures on the Latham site. The Grey Mosaic without border lacks any hints of blue or teal, which I personally love. Does your liner with no border look like their sample?

Attachments

Reactions: Kerrie

kfrench1666

Aug 25, 2018
Lancaster, OH
This is the pattern we chose. It is printed on blue sheet. So, when the pattern eventually fades, we'll still have a blue color vs. white for our original choice.
It is from Fort Wayne Pools liners and it is called Summerwave/Deep Blue Fusion

I'll post a pic with our pool filled with water once construction is finished (hopefully by the end of next week if the weather holds up).
The pool pic isn't ours (layout and size is what ours will look like). But, this is what it should look like on a sunny day filled with water.

Sorry for the delay - been having fun in the new pool
Here is what this pattern looks like with full sun and the pump running. When you are in it, it has a nice ocean blue look. Feels like I'm in the Caribbean some days.

Attachments

Last edited:

Cephrael

Gold Supporter
Apr 19, 2019
Massachusetts
Wow, this thread has been so helpful, and not helpful at the same time. I like this one... oh, that ones nice... oh this ones nice too. 🤯

So eliminated tan, and 1980s blue so far, looking for a darker color like the greys/blacks. So many choices.

Last edited:
Reactions: inatae

jxc241

May 1, 2019
Southwestern Ontario
Hello,
First thank you to everyone who has posted pictures of their liners. This forum has been the most helpful site for me.

So I’m trying to decide between the Reef and Crystal. Like most liners, it all depends on the lighting. One picture of the crystal my wife loves, the next she says it’s too blue. She just isn’t willing to do the research that I am. So can anyone tell me the difference between the two? They look similar and the one post here said the crystal looks like it is 10 years faded. We want the crisp/inviting/refreshing look.

We are doing a Gemini shape with a deep end. Vinyl steps into the pool. Would the Reef hide dirt more?

We don’t have any trees to worry about, mainly sun all day long, dark pavers on the edge of the pool and light grey pavers on the patio (see attached). We are on municipal water.

Thanks everyone!

Attachments

Reactions: inatae

eldender

Silver Supporter
Jun 27, 2018
Canada
Hello,
First thank you to everyone who has posted pictures of their liners. This forum has been the most helpful site for me.

So I’m trying to decide between the Reef and Crystal. Like most liners, it all depends on the lighting. One picture of the crystal my wife loves, the next she says it’s too blue. She just isn’t willing to do the research that I am. So can anyone tell me the difference between the two? They look similar and the one post here said the crystal looks like it is 10 years faded. We want the crisp/inviting/refreshing look.

We are doing a Gemini shape with a deep end. Vinyl steps into the pool. Would the Reef hide dirt more?

We don’t have any trees to worry about, mainly sun all day long, dark pavers on the edge of the pool and light grey pavers on the patio (see attached). We are on municipal water.

Thanks everyone!
Might just be me, but don't you prefer to see the dirt so you can tell if or not it's clean? I guess both have their advantages!

jxc241

May 1, 2019
Southwestern Ontario
We will keep it clean but if something does get in it would the Reef hide it a little better? Give us an extra day or two before cleaning it.
I think I have seen lots of Reef pictures. Not as many Crystal pictures. If anyone has more in different light, please feel free to share. Thanks!

Last edited:
Reactions: YoYo and inatae