O’Fallon MO
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-30
Trying to decide between those two liners. Leaning towards the Black Granite but concerned after seeing some reviews online about issues like:
1- safety concerns (not seeing the bottom of the pool causing depth perception issues impacting jumping/diving decisions)
2- lack of visibility to be able to see kids at the bottom or even snakes or other critters
3- will look dirty all the time (like a black car shows more dirt)
4- will increase water temperature too much (all though living in the St Louis area I think this might be a good thing.
5- will fade much quicker
6- issues with more algae growth
7- portion of liner that is out of the water (above water line) will get really hot
8- could decrease home value because people might not like the dark liner (but the pictures I have seen look beautiful so I don’t understand this but it was still a negative I found online so want to ask)

Can anyone who has a Black Granite liner let us know your experience (Good and bad)? Picking a liner is such a hard decision!

I have a Black Granite liner in my own pool. Depending on if you go no border or not, my only experience with BG and a couple of other BG liners in pools we've worked on is that you'll need to spend a little more time scrubbing the water line as the scum is more quickly to show. Depth perception is not an issue in my opinion especially if your water is clear. You'd be surprised what you can still see. Can't say I've noticed a big difference in water temperature rise. We have an automatic cover and temp rises about the same as if the cover was off. Keeping your water balanced will help with fading but inevitably all liners will fade over time.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.