Laptop to use by the pool

I still haven't yet fully accepted the "Graphical User Interface" .... I'm a command-line guy. 8-bit monochrome green displays 4-ever!!!
DOS 6.2 anyone? Your dinosaur is double parked btw.

- - - Updated - - -

Wifey sometimes drags out her Samsung 8 inch tablet running Droid.

I'm doing more research on Samsungs and the Google tablets. I use both, so I don't have to learn new tricks! I like the Tab 2, but I don't want a used one.

Do ya'll agree it's probably best to get a new tablet instead of paying for a $70 battery for my 5 year old tablet?

Apple introduced a new iPad this week that looks amazing! A friend visited two weeks ago with her iPad that has a case with a full size keyboard. That paired with a solar charger - is what I've been thinking - although I get way too hot these days to be outside without being IN water -

AmyJo, thanks for the tips! I think I'm too used to Android to change to an iPad. My older son loves his iPad and uses an Android cell phone - without any problems. I think I'm too old to switch back and forth between the two (I have an Android phone). What is interesting is a solar charger! I didn't know those existed. That might be perfect for me. Guess what I'm researching next!!! I'm so glad you posted about that.

Yankee, I've looked at the lenovo thinkpads - very good reviews. I'm still trying to decide if I want to try a $70 battery for my 5 year old Nexus 10 or get something new. I was leaning towards the new, but I just found out I probably need to replace my entire house siding with Hardy Plank. I thought a few minor repairs would work, but there are so many, I'm considering replacing it all. Another decision to make - and expensive! That definitely makes a new battery more attractive.

Take care,
Suz

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.