Landscaping quality question

Ematicic

Oct 10, 2019
Spotsylvania, Virginia
Greetings
Is there a formal regulation pertaining to the finished slope of landscaping? I think our landscaper screwed up. They dug a dry river bed but the patio area is smack on top. They originally said all finished sections would be mowable but now he says we might need to plant something to prevent erosion. Looks way too steep to me. The rocks at the base are in the dry creek they dug and filled. Is there a code I can reference to hold them accountable?

Attachments

• 20200414_115525.jpg
    20200414_115525.jpg
    898 KB · Views: 29

Nothing is legally applicable unless your local municipality has adopted such codes in its regulations or if it is specified in your contract.

Reactions: Ematicic
Greetings
Is there a formal regulation pertaining to the finished slope of landscaping? I think our landscaper screwed up. They dug a dry river bed but the patio area is smack on top. They originally said all finished sections would be mowable but now he says we might need to plant something to prevent erosion. Looks way too steep to me. The rocks at the base are in the dry creek they dug and filled. Is there a code I can reference to hold them accountable?

My inspector failed my pool final inspection due to improper soil shoring up and planting. I had to pay $3500 out of pocket to have 20 yards of dirt trucked in and the entire area hydro-seeded. I sued them for this but they managed to evade service and eventually I just dropped it.

I can't answer what the landscape company did but I have a similar area at my pool. I have a small two block wall a few feet below the deck for plantings then filled or spread 3-5 inch river rock in the graded area below- as I do have natural runoff in the area and it looks great. I actually like the dry creek bed look and it seems like you are in a wooded area.

Reactions: Ematicic
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.