Landscaping Advice Needed

Sep 17, 2014
Atoka, TN
Looking for some advice. My 12 year old steel ABG finally gave out last month. Busted out one of the walls.......luckily I caught it and was able to drain it before any flood damage. Anyway, new ABG pool built in the existing location, 24' all resin pool vs 27' previous. Everything is up and running again; now I need to figure out what to do around the pool in the larger border area. Previously, it was small stones around the edge creating a border. Now the gap is a bit larger around most of the new pool since it's smaller than the previous one. I was planning on waiting until it cools down a bit to tackle the follow up landscaping, but we just had some heavy rains and now I've got the attached to worry about. I don't want anything to wash out.

Should I bury everything and fill it in with sand, put down landscape paper/plastic and put the stones back? I want to make sure nothing grows up to the pool and that water doesn't get trapped or anything.

Any advice is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_20200813_183641.jpg
    IMG_20200813_183641.jpg
    632.4 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_20200813_183646.jpg
    IMG_20200813_183646.jpg
    625.7 KB · Views: 41
It looks like the track is not buried so I think it'll be okay to leave it. You just don't want the water to pool around the bottom. If the walls are not steel but resin, it won't be a rust issue. But water could wash out the sand under the track or the sand from under the liner.

It looks like the track is not buried so I think it'll be okay to leave it. You just don't want the water to pool around the bottom. If the walls are not steel but resin, it won't be a rust issue. But water could wash out the sand under the track or the sand from under the liner.

For the attached pic, just use regular fill to bring it up to grade? I have a drainage issue where water flows to that side of the pool. I was thinking to build it up with a slope down away from the pool with river rock on top.

Attachments

• IMG_20200814_173302.jpg
    IMG_20200814_173302.jpg
    644.1 KB · Views: 15
Sorry, I've been out of town all weekend and just seeing this now.

You might have to put in a drainage pipe to draw the water away from that area. How fast does the water drain from there? If water pools at the side of the pool, the rocks are not going to stop the water from collecting around that area. You definitely need to put something down so the sand does not get washed away.
Sloping it could work, but if you get a lot of water, will it wash out the slope?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.