landscape lights : how to connect to easy touch 4

May 6, 2018
Tampa, Fl.
we installed 4 12v led landscape lights, which are right behind the retaining wall of the pool.I have aux 3 open on my easy touch panel. The electrical company who installed the panel is telling me that I need a $250 transformer ??? yikes! Just for 4 12v led lights???
please help!

fly

Well, where do you plan to get the 12 volts AC from? Technically, if you are within 5 or 10 feet of the water (I can't remember which) you need an approved transformer.. Hence, the $250 bucks...

I would suggest that you don't try to use the internal power supply for the Easytouch as it is not designed for anything but running the ET itself...

Thanks,

Jim R.

jza,
Each light is 3 watts.The 4 lights are staked in the ground approximately 50-75 feet from the ET panel. The company wants $250 for the transformer and another $150 to do the connection to the panel; the lights are already connected to the low voltage wire which is sitting just below the panel ready to connect to a transformer then to the ET panel.
Thank you

Fly,

Here's a 100 watt safety transformer. Perfect for what you need. $83

Intermatic PX100 - 12V or 13V Transformer - 100 Watt

If you're not comfortable with the doing the hook up. Buy the transformer and ask them to do it for the price they quoted you. If they try to go up or say no. Get a new electrician.

$250 is a huge mark up for an $83 product. If you do it yourself, make sure all power is off and feel free to ask me any questions. I'm an electrician.

Thank you jza! Just ordered transformer on Amazon prime, will be here in 2 days. I am not an electrician , is this something I can do myself? The 4 landscape lights are already connected to wire that is sitting below Easy Touch 4 box. I need to connect wire to transformer, then run transformer to Easy touch panel into my Aux 3, which is currently open and unused. Then I will be able to control landscape lights from my screen logic app.
Thank you once again!

Your welcome. It's really not that hard. Is it the same one I showed you?

There will be a low voltage side (to the lights) and a high voltage side (to the panel)

High voltage side will have a neutral (white wire to the neutral bus or bar) & usually a black wire to go to your control relay in your panel

There might be multiple wires for choice of voltage. With your setup you need 12v. Look at the manual and ask anything if you are not sure.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.