Laminar or Standard Deck Jets?

Jul 4, 2018
Bentonville, AR
I’m deciding between laminar or standard deck jets for a new pool build. I like the look of laminar but not the size of the units (will be installed in the pool deck). I don’t want LED and finally found some laminar units without them which brings down the cost significantly. Still more than standard jets of course but the cost is not a big factor. Is one type easier to plumb and operate than the other? Can standard deck jets come close to the look of a laminar stream? Looking for opinions on these two options, pros/cons, etc.

I have standard deck jets and love them. I really like the sound of the water sometimes and they look nice too.

I have a valve to set the stream and depending on my pump speed.

Both plumb the same way but the lamineers are much bigger as you noted. Also they need power.

Again as far as plumbing they are basically the same - and the water flow is very similar.

I have two bubblers on my sun deck and two laminars. I tend to keep the bubblers on a lot (as I like the look and the sound). We don’t use the laminars too often as they interfere with the basketball and volleyball.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.