Lake water??

Windylou

Silver Supporter
May 11, 2017
Groveton, Tx
To me, this is an obvious answer, but let’s humor someone... I’m helping someone get their pool in order & they live lakeside. We’re draining quite a bit bc the CYA was at least 200 & that’s just a guess bc my test tube doesn’t register at that number. So they’ve asked can’t we just refill from the lake? Unless you wanted to start off with a pretty big SLAM, this just feels like you’d be asking for algae growth, right? We’re in Texas, so the growth is still a big issue for us. I was in this pool the day before yesterday, completely warm.

If no other source of clean fill water is available, it is possible, but you want to know if there is an iron problem and it would be best to pre-filter the water prior to getting to the pool. Then SLAM. Will cost quite a bit in chlorine and other chemicals plus the pre filter.

Reactions: Windylou
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.