Saint Louis, MO
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
I have a pretty nice metal ladder (probably marine steel) for my IG SWG vinyl-liner pool (I inherited the pool from the previous owner). It works fine (although the bumpers tend to fall off when I'm installing).

When I was looking at other things I saw that plastic of vinyl ladders (I didn't look that closely at them) exist for IG pools, are there benefits to these over marine steel for my situation?

Thanks!

Those bumpers are replaceable. On a vinyl pool they really are important. You can find them online.
The advantage of the plastic ladders is that they don't need to be bonded. If the ladder you have was installed with the pool it should have been bonded. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Reactions: John85
Yes, I know they are critical for liner integrity. Mine are the cheap "cups" that go on the OD of the ladder legs and hold b/w the ladder and wall. Do the ones that fit the ID work better? I see some from SR Smith (the blue xpand-lock) that look lie they work great but are $$$

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.