Kreepy Krauly or motor problem

May 9, 2017
Johannesburg
HI there

We bought a house few years back that had an empty fiberglass swimming pool, 2 years ago we decided to fix it, by replacing the fiber all went well for a year.
when winter started we decided to not clean the pool, (bad idea i know), just before summer started i decided to get the pool ready. and noticed that the Kreepy works for about 5 minutes than stops. i plug out the hose and everything seems to be fine,
what Ive done.
Checked each hose for leakage/air seeping thru nothing.
Checked the suction of each hose by putting my hand in front.
When i put my hand by the front of the Kreepy the suction is gone.

im out of ideas, dont want to buy a new vacuum only to experience the same problem

:confused::confused:

How many pounds of pressure in your filter?
Could be lack of flow, or you could have a worn diaphragm, or you could be sucking up large debris that blocks the cleaner.

UD

There is a supplied meter with it that will give you an indication of flow.

Your filter should have a pressure gauge, as pressure builds flow is reduced.

Id net up large clumps of debris before I let the cleaner loose on the pool.

UD

Last edited:
You are better off using another method to remove large amounts of leaves as the KK works best in a relatively clean pool with no large debris. I have a lot of trees in my yard and have to deal with leaves. I usually scoop most of the leaves with a leave rake, then vacuum the rest. Once the leaves are gone, I then put the KK in. The KK needs a consistent suction and leaves in the KK suction, hose, skimmer basket, pump basket, etc will kill the suction quickly.

i havent seen any gauges will have a look and try taking a pic of the set up, i think maybe its old

- - - Updated - - -

You are better off using another method to remove large amounts of leaves as the KK works best in a relatively clean pool with no large debris. I have a lot of trees in my yard and have to deal with leaves. I usually scoop most of the leaves with a leave rake, then vacuum the rest. Once the leaves are gone, I then put the KK in. The KK needs a consistent suction and leaves in the KK suction, hose, skimmer basket, pump basket, etc will kill the suction quickly.
Trees suck, i will try this and post an update hopefully this is the solution to my problem

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.