Kool deck repair/ replacement

dalstrs

Silver Supporter
Apr 4, 2017
Grapevine, TX
Hi, I am trying to figure out the best way to fix my pool deck. It has a really old kool deck that has started delaminating in places. I have seen a few options but have not really been happy with any of them so far. The cooling effects of the deck coating are by far the most important factor for me.

It seems the most common suggestion I have gotten is one of the polymer systems, but when I feel the sample it feels slicker and warmer than the Kool Deck. Another suggestion was a micro concrete (I think) Elite Crete. They said it would have the same cooling as Kool Deck, but using their sample it seems to run several degrees warmer. I haven't really found anyone offering to do a new coating of Kool Deck, but I have also heard that it is more likely to delaminate as a resurface.

Does anyone have suggestions of what coating I can get that will match or at least come close to the cooling of Kool Deck?

Editing in a couple picks:
deck1.jpgdeck2.jpg

Last edited:
Probably longer than you want to wait, but I will be having my 40+ year old Kool Deck resurfaced in late Oct when I have my fiberglass pool resurfaced.

Most of the deck is just dirty and faded, but there are a few patches of bare concrete, mostly where a tree fell on it. I'm not 100% sure of the exact details at this point. Been pretty happy with the Kool Deck.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.