Kemtek Liquid Chlorine + CYA info

tclproductions

Bronze Supporter
May 20, 2017
Westlake village, CA
Hey Guys,

wanted to share the information that Kemtek, the makers of some pool chemicals have up on their website...please look at what they say about Conditioner CYA Level when using liquid Chlorine.

Quote:
Free chlorine -- the most active chlorine in pool water -- should be tested every other day and maintained at an ideal range of 1 to 3 ppm. In addition, you should test the chlorine stabilizer level at the beginning and middle of each season. The ideal chlorine stabilizer level is 30 to 50 ppm if you are using chlorinating tabs; if you are using liquid chlorine it is 75 to 90 ppm. Short-term chlorination If you are starting up the pool for the first time, or if the free chlorine range falls below the 1.0 ppm level, add All-In-One Chlorinating Granules or Chlorinating Liquid to the pool as a sanitizer. Note: Be sure the water is balanced first (proper pH level, total alkalinity and calcium/hardness levels achieved first.)Long-term chlorination After the pool is up and running, you can use chlorine for long-term chlorination. Our products include:

What’s that all about? I posted this mostly for amusement of those here that really know about pool chemicals. To someone like me, I find it quite annoying to find that much contradictory information.

Happy Memorial Day Everyone! My test kit should be here by May 31st - meanwhile I am just brushing the walls daily and using a crappy test with dilation to roughly keep the chlorine level up

Not sure, except perhaps it has something to do with their knowing that tablets will increase CYA. They may choose not to recognize the actual FC/CYA relationship but they know too much CYA causes FC to loose its effectiveness. Really though when it comes to simple things like chlorine I don't even read the label aside of the strength. I don't need no college educated plastic bottle telling ME what I should do with MY pool ;) Seriously though, except for some specialty chemicals I don't pay any attention to instructions. PoolMath (or my own multiplication skills) lets me know what I need to add.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.