Keeping my DPD powder dry

YippeeSkippy

Mod Squad
Gold Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jan 17, 2012
Evans, Georgia
I had an instance where moisture got into my DPD powder. It hardened and sort of left like a purplish smudge to the test vial and water being tested. My fault I'm sure as I often test my water while just out of the pool.

One thing I've been collecting in an old jar in my laundry cupboard are those small silica packets included in electronics and other items you buy. I didn't know what I'd do with them but thought they might come in handy someday.

With my latest batch of DPD powder I'm keeping it inside a small Rubbermade 2 ounce container with a few of those silica packs around it. Going to see if this helps maintain the powder better.
IMG_3953.jpeg

With my latest batch of DPD powder I'm keeping it inside a small Rubbermade 2 ounce container with a few of those silica packs around it. Going to see if this helps maintain the powder better.

It will. I use them in my tackle box where I keep my DPD and it helps a lot. As I get new one from stuff that I buy I keep replacing them. Keeping it in a sealed container will work even better.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.