Keep on getting pump leaks

darthv

Jun 25, 2017
garden grove, ca
Hello , I have a whisperflo 1hp single speed pump that was coupled to a 1hp motor. It was leaking from the right lower area (as seen from the front) and I thought it was a shaft seal.

In the process of replacing i figures the pump and seal plate were not salvageable

So I got a new identical pump, new shaft seal, new seal plate (generic with the seal plate gasket installed , new impeller). So the only thing that wasn’t new was the diffuser.

So I put it all together and now it leaks from the middle of the seal plate bottom.

Any advice is appreciated

Attachments

• 7126016B-CA5F-4B6B-820B-A67941DBAE88.jpeg
    7126016B-CA5F-4B6B-820B-A67941DBAE88.jpeg
    206.6 KB · Views: 21
Dart, you still working that leak issue? Your post was from a couple weeks ago and I see no replies yet. Let us know and we'll be happy to tag an expert or two to confirm. I'm suspicious of that seal plate still, but we can get more eyes on your situation if needed.

Pump seal is leaking, just because its new, doesn't mean it cant, or wont leak.
The metal part of the ps1000 seal that inserts into the seal plate should have a light film of silicone applied to it, so when you press it into seal plate you will see where it squeezes out.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.