Guelph, Ontario, Canada
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
My Kafco/Equator Weir always came loose, so about 3 years ago I installed the KafkoSkimmer Weir Replacement Kit.

I installed it in the fall during closing when water was level below the skimmer. It worked for a year, but then the PVC cement bond to the wall broke loose.
Early this year I tried using some underwater Flex Glue but it has now come off.
Does anyone have experience with this kit? Should I give up and try an alternative universal weir doors? Any suggestions

Or should I bond it in place again. Either waiting until close in October to bond with WeldOn 795 when the water is lowered, or can I use WeldOn747 now?

Last edited:
Mine's a Kafko/Equator also. All that was here when we moved in (an older pool) was the weir door with nothing in the bottom opening. I looked at the replacement kit and wasn't sure it would work, and ended up using 2 shorter tubes that fit in the channel loosely with a small spring in the middle. That provided enough pressure on both sides of the skimmer to allow the weir to move easily. That has worked for several years so far. I take it out when our dog is swimming, as he creates such waves when he jumps in, that it comes loose, but otherwise it works well. A bit of a diy fix, but I couldn't find anything else that would work. The tubes I used were from a nyger bird feeder that had tubes pushed through plastic to provide perches. I think I had to trim the length a bit.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.