JVA Actuator Not Turning Properly...

Jul 25, 2014
Wyckoff, NJ
I have a pool with an attached spa setup in a standard configuration. When I turn on spa mode, the two JVA 2440 actuators typically rotate clockwise in sync to allow increased water flow into the spa returns and for this water to be drained by the spa drains. When I go back to pool mode, these two actuators rotate counterclockwise to their original positions. However, just recently one of these actuators occasionally does not rotate counterclockwise to return to its original position but instead continues to turn in a clockwise direction to get to its original position. It seems to happen randomly. I believe the cams are set correctly and the 1-OFF-2 switch on the actuator is also set correctly. Any ideas what is causing this? The actuator itself (which is 19 years old), the PCB or anything else? Any insight would be greatly appreciated... thank you.

Last edited:
There is not much else in the actuator to cause it then a bad microswitch.

Thanks so much again. Is there any chance it could be a bad PCB? For example, does the PCB send a different voltage to the actuator depending on whether it wants the actuator to rotate one direction or the other?

Nope. It does not work that way. Same voltage is sent both ways.

Swap the two actuators at the Aqualink. The problem should stay with the bad actuator.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.