Just want to open my pool? I can't get any cooperation

Man when I look back on this thread I have to laugh. So impatient Beave...Anyway...I hope all of you and your loved ones who were ailing in the spring are doing much better now. My dad...well he is as I said strong and is still recovering. For all of you out there who are dealing or are in the position to deal with parents and doctors take my advice. Be the strong advocate. Our parents tend to take what the doctors have to say and don't question it. My father was released from rehab in the end of May. They sent him home with no home health, no follow up instructions and with the lable of fall risk. They didn't tell him to use a walker or cane, they didn't tell him about grab bars, and with the severe head injury he had...they didn't tell us of any precautions about falling again and the damage that could do in re injuring his brain. He spent most of the month of June falling and just starting physical and speech threapy. Then he got a blood clot and was back in the hospital for a week. With that resolved, he went back to being at home and falling. Balance issues from the brain injury we later found out...Anyway...My dad wanted to go to the cabin up in Northern WI...so the family and I took a week and went up there. I got him out on the boat and fishing three or four times which was good. Then the day before we left to come home, he took a fall and didn't seem to hurt himself. Two days later on the road home we ended up in a Hospital in Madison WI...because he was having Aphasia. He tried to talk but the words came out all jumbled...This was due to the fall he took...rattled his brain inside his skull and caused him to have another brain bleed...This one centered right on top of his speech area. They released him after 5 days in Madison, and I got him home...The first thing I did when I got back to my wife and kids was go out to my pool. My wife had taken such good care of it while I was gone. It was good to just get in. The next day my dad was back in the hospital...The aphasia was worse not better. I had had enough this was now the end of July and after almost three months he wasn't getting better only worse. This is where I say...don't be afraid to advocate for them. I got him into see the best Neurologist in Northwest Indiana...Only because of what I do for a living but I got him in anyway. Since then he has been in physical threrapy in this neruologists balance clinic...he has stopped falling. He is gettting stronger. He goes to speech therapy...and is almost done with the balance therapy. He is a stubborn stubborn man, but as I told him back in July. You sent me to college to get a good education, and I know what I am talking about. You have to trust in me that I am going to get you the right doctors and threapies to make sure you get better. He finally accepted that. And he is almost back to his old self.

My reason for writing all of this is that I want everyone to know how having a pool was a God send for me this summer. It was my private escape. I spent so much time in hospitals this summer that when I finally did come home sometimes well after dinner was over, I was able to go out to the pool with my wife and kids and reconnect with them. And when I needed to be alone and just think or relax...I could always use the excuse that the pool needed to be vacuumed...and I would go out and vacuume and drink a beer or two while I did...And when it comes down to it...my pool was my backyard oasis. If you don't have a pool but are thinking about it. Take the plunge!!! I have not regretted owning my pool once since I got it. That includes yesterday where it was 84 degrees on October 9th...and the kids and I pulled back the solar cover to find a wonderful 76 degree pool...and took one last plunge before closing it up for the winter. That pool kept me sane this summer. It was my escape...It was my refuge. Did I mention if you don't have one you should get one! :party: Until next spring Hope everyone is well. I hope everyone has a happy fall and holiday season, and most of all...COME ON SPRING...You can't get here soon enough! :goodjob:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.