Just started SLAM #3 this season...what am I doing wrong?

Reactions: Lineman7
you can super chlorine it... :) This works wonders.. Chapin 48 oz. Farm and Field Hand Sprayer-1003 - The Home Depot

Just fill with straight 10% or 12% liquid chlorine, pump it up to pressure and take in the pool, spray the entire area around and in the light or any surface you can not reach to brush....

Thats a good idea!! I poured 12% down the side of my pool around the light ( it has a small gap around it ) and the green algae on the bottom went away within a minute

Also this piece came out and I’m not sure where it goes. It wasn’t attached to anything.

Attachments

• 7ED8A2C0-E177-47F4-9E4B-B18E88D0A17C.jpeg
    7ED8A2C0-E177-47F4-9E4B-B18E88D0A17C.jpeg
    42.3 KB · Views: 14
not sure where that goes but it looks like a rest for the light.... you can leave the light out until your done slamming, just do not turn it on as it will overheat real fast....

Reactions: Jellwood
BTW. Now that the light is out, it does not hurt to try Casey’s idea and super chlorinate that area as well. I am a big fan of spot treating areas in my pool with a high concentration of chlorine.

Reactions: markayash

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Super chlorination complete. All I had was a spray bottle but I think (?) it worked or at least helped. So. Much. Algae! Between 4:30 and 8 pm today FC went from 16-12! Just added enough bleach to get back up to 16. SLAM day 6 tomorrow. So grateful to you, @cowboycasey @markayash and @Katodude for sticking with me through this!!! @Mike1162 the floater came today so I will toss in a couple of pucks tomorrow along with my liquid and see how it goes!!! (And will remove it for OCLT test hopefully tomorrow night)

Reactions: cowboycasey
Super chlorination complete. All I had was a spray bottle but I think (?) it worked or at least helped. So. Much. Algae! Between 4:30 and 8 pm today FC went from 16-12! Just added enough bleach to get back up to 16. SLAM day 6 tomorrow. So grateful to you, @cowboycasey @markayash and @Katodude for sticking with me through this!!! @Mike1162 the floater came today so I will toss in a couple of pucks tomorrow along with my liquid and see how it goes!!! (And will remove it for OCLT test hopefully tomorrow night)

get it clean, doggie wants to swim

Good afternoon! Update!! Passed OCLT. Getting ready to put light back into the niche....and there is NO face ring for the pilot screw to go into!!!!

I was on the pool deck when I took it out so I didn’t see how it looked when I took the screw out. ☹️ Now I’m wondering if this loose black plastic piece is somehow Where the pilot screw goes? It wasn’t attached when I pulled the light out.

Maybe it goes like this???

I just don’t see how it stays in place!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    293.1 KB · Views: 21
  • C96B028E-0232-4C96-BB0D-0C30B7740004.jpeg
    C96B028E-0232-4C96-BB0D-0C30B7740004.jpeg
    42.3 KB · Views: 21
Hi! Just reading about your slam...how is the pool looking? I have had to slam twice this season.😔Learning something new everyday. Learned a new word from your journey...”super chlorinating”....can’t wait to try that out tomorrow! Best of luck!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.