Just purchased pool, need help on pump and filter.

Pool_lover223

Jun 29, 2019
Atlanta Ga
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I just purchased a 17x32 aquasport 52 pool that will be mostly recessed and might I add this will be my first pool. I have decided I want a cartrige filter, at least a 150 and preferably vs pump. The budget is tight with other projects under way but I want quality components to start with so I don't have to replace in a couple of years.
I would like to stick with 115 v pump since I already have existing service close by. Seems my choices are limited in this area to the pentair superflow 1.5, the speck e 71- II, the Hayward vs super pump. I haven't decided on the cartrige filter yet either. Any help deciding would be greatly appreciated. I am very indecisive about purchases like these!

You received recommendation on pumps in your other thread.

The filter, with a 16000 gallon pool, should be at least 200 SF for a cartridge type. 300 would be better.

Thanks for the reminder mknauss. Would the pentair clean and clear plus 240 filter and pentair superflow 1.5 vs make a good combo? Also, I want to make sure I don't void the warranty as I've read about with self install. I have a pool installation company doing the pool and equipment install so will that take care of the warranty issues?

Those two will work. I assume you are just having the pool, no other water features, etc.

Personally, get the largest cartridge filter you can afford. The CCP240 will work, but will need to be cleaned more often. See my signature -- I have a CCP 240 with a 6000 gallon pool. I clean the filter once a year.

If installed by a professional, you will get the standard Pentair warranty.

How do you plan to chlorinate your pool?

For this season, I plan to use the puck style chlorination. Next year, my plan is to install a chlorine injection pump. My preference would be a swg but the manufacturer says no due to this pool being aluminum slat wall construction.

Your choice. It is always humorous to hear about manufacturers stating no to SWCG -- when a pool with chlorine in it will have elevated salinity no matter what. Trichlor, liquid chlorine, etc all break down to salt.

Most manufacturers have no clue on pool water chemistry.

Be careful with overusing pucks. Your CYA level can become unmanageable quickly.

Reactions: Brewman
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.