Just Purchased Intex Ultra XTR Pool-What Testing Kit Do I Get

catstrab

Jun 5, 2020
St. Louis, MO
I'm overwhelmed. Our pool will be a 24x52 and isn't a permanent pool so I don't want to spend a ton on a testing kit etc. What is a good middle of the road one for this type of pool to get started? Likewise, which chemicals would be needed to keep it safe? Thanks!

I strongly recommend that you spend the money on a good kit... it is going to save you money. The one in my signature is great and has enough reagents for daily testing until you get comfortable with testing and with your pool - then you can decrease the frequency to every other day or a couple of times a week. You can find the kit and other items at TFTestKits.net.

You also should visit Pool School, in the menu of this site, to learn about the ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry and what you’ll need to keep your pool clean and safe. At a minimum you will need liquid chlorine and CYA, also called Chlorine Stabilizer. You don’t want to add a bunch of stuff without having accurate test numbers.

Reactions: catstrab
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.