Just had new variable pump installed and I have a question about scheduling.

jlyfshhh

Gold Supporter
May 28, 2020
Georgia
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Is there any reason to change from the default schedule? If so, what kind of schedule would you recommend? I initially planned on just leaving it on low all the time then maybe scheduling a few hours on high each morning to clear any debris.

Sorry for some reason the photo of the schedule didn’t show up in the main post. I also had a follow up question.

My pump died back in December so the pool is a disgusting. Do I run it on high until it clears up?

Attachments

• IMG_1437.png
    IMG_1437.png
    473.9 KB · Views: 10
I run my pump as slow as possible while still flowing fast enough to keep the salt system producing chlorine. I run my pump 12 hours a day but could get away with less.

When I have to slam I run my pump at 2400 rpm. You gotta figure out what works for your pool.

Sorry for some reason the photo of the schedule didn’t show up in the main post. I also had a follow up question.

My pump died back in December so the pool is a disgusting. Do I run it on high until it clears up?
If your pool is disgusting with green stuff it’s a chlorination problem, pump speed doesn’t matter so much in that case. You can keep it on low speed 24x7 if that works. It’s what I do.

If your pool is disgusting with green stuff it’s a chlorination problem, pump speed doesn’t matter so much in that case. You can keep it on low speed 24x7 if that works. It’s what I do.
The issue was an unexpected Georgia freeze busted my old pump back in December so the pool has just been sitting until yesterday. I should have taken a before picture but just imagine a swamp lol

I basically didn’t touch it for almost 5 months since I didn’t have a working pump and the water was drained down past the return jet.

Put 8 gallons of bleach in last night for starters while it finished filling up to wear I could run the pump, and I ran the robot vacuum just to stir the bleach in and mix it up. This morning the water level was full so I turned the pump on to start filtering everything out but I am expecting it to take several days.

Attachments

• IMG_1450.jpeg
    IMG_1450.jpeg
    345.9 KB · Views: 5
I run my pump as slow as possible while still flowing fast enough to keep the salt system producing chlorine. I run my pump 12 hours a day but could get away with less.

When I have to slam I run my pump at 2400 rpm. You gotta figure out what works for your pool.
Thanks, I don’t have a salt water generator right now but I definitely want to get one at some point.

The issue was an unexpected Georgia freeze busted my old pump back in December so the pool has just been sitting until yesterday. I should have taken a before picture but just imagine a swamp lol

I basically didn’t touch it for almost 5 months since I didn’t have a working pump and the water was drained down past the return jet.

Put 8 gallons of bleach in last night for starters while it finished filling up to wear I could run the pump, and I ran the robot vacuum just to stir the bleach in and mix it up. This morning the water level was full so I turned the pump on to start filtering everything out but I am expecting it to take several days.

It’ll take more than a few days. You can optimize the time and money spent by following the SLAM process. Measuring the water and only adding what it needs is the most efficient and cheapest way to get there. 8 gallons of chlorine might be damaging to the liner depending on what the CYA level is. (Since it may be really low).

Thanks, I don’t have a salt water generator right now but I definitely want to get one at some point.
You have to figure out your pump speed based on a reason. If you have a heater or SWG the flow rate has to be enough for them to function. You have neither, so you should base your pump speed on skimming. Once your pool is algae free, set your pump as slow a possible and just observe. When stuff falls in the pool does it get pushed to the skimmer. If not increase the speed until it does.

The real beauty of the VSP is ability to run slow, for as long as you want, all while consuming very little energy.

I don't see any value to the arbitrary pre-programmed routine. I run 24/7 at 1200-1400rpms (less than 200 watts)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.