Just finished setting up 18x52 Intex pool... Question on how to make sure water does not sit on the outside of base?

Jun 29, 2012
Hello all! We spent the weekend cutting out all the sod, getting to virgin soil... leveling to lowest spot as best as we could... The pool is up. We cut out a 20 foot hole and after we were done, we had to adjust where we put the legs, etc... there are some areas where the dip between the grass and where the pool sits collects water and it does not drain well. What are your suggestions? I've seen folks use landscape border and rocks but does that actually make sure the ground underneath the pool doesn't get too wet underneath? Hope all that made sense.

I also have to comment on how massive an 18x52 is. I kind of wish we had gone 18x48. It's crazy!

Reactions: Southern_IN763
We have rock and used a landscape border that I zip-tied to the vertical legs to keep the rock away from the pool liner. We don't get a lot of rain so we just deal with it in our short rain season.
You could attempt to put some sort of french drain in to get water from around the pool.

Here is a pic of what we did.

Attachments

• IMG_20180603_105149609_HDR1.jpg
    IMG_20180603_105149609_HDR1.jpg
    744.5 KB · Views: 48
Reactions: Southern_IN763
@Blacklisted Thank you. I thought the liner was super tough, do you fear damage from the rocks? I was thinking of using the edging materiel + rubber mulch if that is the case. The water dried up by the time I went outside so that was good. I may dig a small trench and use a small PVC pipe to drain the water into the french drain near by.

@Blacklisted Thank you. I thought the liner was super tough, do you fear damage from the rocks? I was thinking of using the edging materiel + rubber mulch if that is the case. The water dried up by the time I went outside so that was good. I may dig a small trench and use a small PVC pipe to drain the water into the french drain near by.

The liners are fairly thick and the rock we got is more rounded river rock type. I just didn't want the rock getting under the liner and possibly causing a problem. It wasn't much extra to do the landscape boarder and I can also see if there is any water accumulating around the pool with the boarder keeping the rock away from the liner. Might help see a wet spot from a leak in the future.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.