Central CT
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool Universal40
So I just burnt out my pump, I left it running, there's a ton of algai in the pool from over the winter and it kept clogging the de filter, so I left for work and I came back and it wasn't running, it hit the safely temperature shut off or whatever,

It'll turn on, but it won't pump much water, then it shuts off after 3 or 4 seconds,

It probably overheated from not cycling enough water through it

I was about to buy a variable speed replacement motor from inyo, now I don't know if it's just the motor that went bad and I can still do that, or were some of the pump parts damaged? Should I buy a whole new pump?

No idea

Your signature does not show what model pump we are discussing.

Seals overheat and leak when the pump runs dry. Hard to say what happened to the motor. If you are handy you can try disassembling it and take a look.

Well I know for sure now that the impeller is shot lol I tired to take it apart and it cracked off the motor spindle, well

I was about to say I'll add the pump to my sig, but then I realized I might be getting a new one soon lol.

It was a Hayward super pump 1hp

Rip, it was a nice pump,

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200327-144638.png
    Screenshot_20200327-144638.png
    239.5 KB · Views: 23
I wouldn't say it ran dry, it was full of water, it's just that the water wasn't moving because the de filter was clogged with algae

OK I found from the part #s that it's a super pump 2600

Should I just buy a new impeller, seal kit, and the vs motor I was planning on buying?

Last edited:
So I got the 1.65 hp VS motor from inyo, and installed it, it works great, right now I'm slamming the pool, still have 6ppm of CC, trying to keep the FC up in range.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.