just-a-pb

Just-a-PB

In The Industry
Mar 24, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
Hi,
Guess what I do.
I do it in the Greater Phoenix area. (its hot, everybody wants one)
I have been doing it for a long time, and am so obsessed that I want to read and post in my off time.
Wife thinks I am crazy.
I was told I have a cranky attitude, by a past forum member.
I love Pentair, hate Hayward (so many reasons)
I recognize many names form other forums.
I have been peeking in here from time to time, thought I might as well join.
Hope I can be of help to those in need, and get help when in need.

Welcome my friend. I an glad to see you finally made here.

For those that have never been to GW's forum, just-a-pb has been helping people there longer than I have. I have learned a great many thing as a result of his selfless contributions over the years. While he has likely forgotten more about pool building that I will ever learn, I have also found that he doesn't forget many things, ever.

His portfolio of builds is quite impressive, as is his own pool. If I win the Mega-Millions tonight, I would buy an estate in his patch so he could build me a pool, a really big, feature rich pool

My personal experiences have shown me that when someone has a question, his replies should not only be given a great deal of merit but also done exactly as he suggests. His depth of experiences and quality of answers warrant the same type of considerations as we give to Chem-Geek for his contributions in pool and spa chemistry.

On the GW forum, it's been his, racket's, SCEADU's, and huskyrider's presence that attracted home owners seeking advice for their builds. I expect that we will see a similar effect here.

Jason, plan on adding disk space. :lol: :party:

Scott

PoolGuyNJ said:
On the GW forum, it's been his, racket's, SCEADU's, and huskyrider's presence that attracted home owners seeking advice for their builds. I expect that we will see a similar effect here.

Jason, plan on adding disk space. :lol: :party:

Scott
I second this and look forward to much good advice including Scott :cheers: :cheers:

Woody,
I wouldn't bother with it; my experience with GardenWeb (both on the pool and cactus/succulent forums) is that it's swamped with ads (even including occasional transparent ads that are beneath the posts themselves!!) and uses utterly obsolete forum software. Not that there's not good information there, but nothing that can't be found here more easily and with less headache. As far as I can tell, it is also completely unmoderated, so things like spam and personal attacks go unchecked.

Just my 2 cents.

Sorry to derail the thread a little, but I wanted to answer that question publicly.

just-a-pb, welcome to TFP! I happen to like my hayward equipment.... :wink:

Welcome to TFP!!

I like the cut of your jib! :goodjob: (judging from your intro)

What better way to relax after spending 10+ hours building/ fixing pools than to log on and help folks with their pool issues :mrgreen: ( but at least we don't have to actually 'BE' in their yards to do this, nor turn a single wrench :lol: )

Other than the Hayward thing, we sound rather similar :goodjob:

(FWIW - I was on GW for a short time as "DOTC")

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Welcome. I recognize you from GardenWeb and appreciate reading all of your comments on that page. I loved the pics of your work that you posted on GW. They were so amazing I had to share them with my husband. Looking forward to learning more from you over here.

Megan

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support