Just a little bit of haze, calcium hardness, and test result questions

Ughh. Just because a pool store uses drops does not mean its more accurate. I have watched Leslies countless times add the wrong amount of drops to the sample to test. Even if they have the right tools, they USE them WRONG.

BTW. The phosphate test requires timing the addition of drops. Have you ever seen a pool store person use a stop watch before giving you the amount of phosphates you have!!!!

/rant over

Reactions: NowintersinAZ
Judging by your FC levels that you posted, I believe you 100% have algae in your pool. Keeping the FC up will partly keep it at bay, but as soon as it slips, you’ll be seeing poor clarity. I‘d encourage you to really read all the materials here at TFP and get serious. Right now - you’re trusting others’ testing, adding liquid chlorine to a SWCG pool, etc. You’re not as in control of things as you could be - and I guarantee you’ll find it’s even simpler and quicker than you’d ever imagine.

My advise - get a test kit. Read up on SLAM. After a proper SLAM, get your equipment working for you. Once the water is nicely balanced, you’ll find that testing is a couple of minutes per day, an occasional dump of the skimmer basket, and a bunch of time and money saved.

Reactions: Pv2
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.