Joined the Robot Cleaner Club

smankins

Bronze Supporter
Feb 10, 2017
Longview / Texas
I was wimpy. After only one season of manual cleaning of my pool I broke down and purchased a Dolphin E-10 robot cleaner. This is the same as an Active 10 cleaner but I guess it has a different color? Online sales only? I also bought the ultra-fine filter since I get a lot of pollen and dust in my pool. I have used it a few times and so far it seems to be doing a good job. It has a funny quirk where it will stop in the middle of the pool and change directions then pop a wheely - don't know why. I have seen it go all the way up the wall to the waterline once, but only once. It is not supposed to so I guess that was just a bonus.

I purchased this online from Sunplay and for those who wonder about warranties on robot cleaners purchased online, this model definitely comes with warranty from Maytronics - the manufacturer. I called them before I bought to double check and also when registering the cleaner. Sunplay web site says 1 year manufacturer warranty but Maytronics told me 2 year.

I am keeping it in my garage when not used and it is fairly light to carry back and forth so that is not an issue. Now I just need to finish up some deck details like power outlets and a stain finish.

41043071631_a41544c47a_c.jpg

Congrats! You will love it. You included a picture which is great, but what is his/her name???

Good call getting the fine filters.

Right on!

Love my E10 with the fine filter basket too. It does make a difference.

Mine pops wheelies once in awhile. Allegedly it's part of it's turning function,
but it does not do it all the time.

Mine breaks the water line as well some of the time.

It's funny but one respected pool cleaner reviewer noted that he believes the E10 design actually
could climb walls (using the top exhaust jet to keep it pressed against wall), but Maytronics seems to have
intentionally hobbled that function in it's firmware.

Congrats! You will love it. You included a picture which is great, but what is his/her name???

We are still waiting for inspiration to strike. My wife called it Dude so I started calling it the big Lebowski (you have to know the movie) so she dropped that - she doesn't like that movie. Our robot cleaner in the house is called Eddie (no good reason why) but he has been replaced after a few months because he would bang into everything instead of avoiding obstacles. No name for the replacement yet.

We are still waiting for inspiration to strike. My wife called it Dude so I started calling it the big Lebowski (you have to know the movie) so she dropped that - she doesn't like that movie. Our robot cleaner in the house is called Eddie (no good reason why) but he has been replaced after a few months because he would bang into everything instead of avoiding obstacles. No name for the replacement yet.

One of the best movies of all time! Just call it the “Caucasian” and see if she catches on.:cool:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.