Jhook vs beaded liner for pool wall longevity - less rust?

Apr 4, 2015
Western, WA
Hello,
Looking at pool liner mounting options I was all excited about the beaded liner approach until I thought about how splashing water and waves might get to the inner pool wall at the joints between the bead track segments. With a beaded liner, the liner itself does not go all the way to the top of the pool wall. The top section of the pool wall is only being covered by the sections of plastic bead track. But at the joints between each end of bead track, there is no seal--nothing to keep water from getting in between those cracks and then flowing down on the inside of the pool wall and starting rust.
It seems with a J-hook liner, the liner goes up and over the top of the wall and offers more protection to the inside of the pool wall from the pool's water.
I realize that replacing a beaded liner in the future is potentially easier with the bead tracks (don't have to remove the top rails) but at this point I'm mostly concerned about pool wall rust prevention.
What do you all think?

Attachments

• Liner types.JPG
    Liner types.JPG
    66.8 KB · Views: 18
6 of one, half a dozen of another...........I really think it is the condensation between the liner and wall that causes the rust. When we removed our liner the rust was not towards the top of the walls where the liner hooks into the rail. It was along the middle of the wall where I have noticed the condensation the most.

Reactions: denhajm
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.