Jet direction

Jtwitt

Apr 29, 2017
Mishawaka/ IN
my pool runs with 2 jets, but they are both on the same side, with the skimmer on the opposite side. that doesn't make sense to me. I struggle to circulate the water properly, and there are 2 corners where everything settles. Should I just point both jets toward skimmer, or other recommendation?

(Side note, I have the auto chlorinator, is it really that bad?)

Get a few ping pong balls and try different jet directions. What type of pump do you have? If VS you can try different speeds.
Filling out your signature really helps us help you.

About your auto chlorinator, which I suppose uses tablets, sure, you can use that. Just be sure you follow the FC/CYA chart and test your pool water chemistry with a proper test kit.

Get a few ping pong balls and try different jet directions. What type of pump do you have? If VS you can try different speeds.
Filling out your signature really helps us help you.

About your auto chlorinator, which I suppose uses tablets, sure, you can use that. Just be sure you follow the FC/CYA chart and test your pool water chemistry with a proper test kit.

Thanks for the insight. I have a Pentair 342001 SuperFlo VS Energy Efficient Variable Speed Pool Pump

Sorry, I thought I had a signature. I will have to review that.

My pool is a 18x38 sport pool

Great. You have a signature. But the only data in it of use is the volume. Take a look at mine. Try to list your equipment and what test kit you use.

There it is. Good job. What test kit do you use? Pretty important to have the right one if you are going to use trichlor. It is a tough dance to keep your FC/CYA ratio correct using it. Have to drain quite a bit of water often.

Can you list what filter type you are using?

Take care.

I have used a pretty basic test kit. I have done pretty good with maintaining my chemical levels. Just this jet thing has me baffled, I used the jets in my steps to help flow last year, but I know normally those are just for looks. I have 2 jets on the same wall, and then 5 in my steps. How much sense does that make.

No idea on the jets. Every pool builder has their own ideas.

Up to you on the testing. We are here when you get into a mess. We do encourage proper testing to be sure your water is safe.

Good luck.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.